Pages

Friday 11 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 5

Activity 1: Environment Day - Beat Plastic Pollution [4 points]

On your blog tell us three things that you could do to help save the planet.
1. If I see rubbish on the ground I will pick it up and throw it in the rubbish.
2. I would use bikes or walk to places instead of using cars because cars pollute the air.
3. I tell people to stop smoking because it pollutes the air.
Activity 2: Adoption Day [4 points]
1. German Shepard
2. Arctic Fox
3. Gray Wolf
They are all similar because they are all fast and vicious. They are all different colors and that's what makes them different.

Activity 3: Concluding the Journey [10 points]
On your blog please tell us:
  1. What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year?
  2. What is one thing that surprised you?
  3. What is one thing that concerned or upset you?
  4. What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment?
One thing I have learned from Summer Learning Journey is about DOC rangers because I didn't even know anything about DOC rangers.
One thing that has surprised me is that most of the activities are about the environment and animals.
One thing that I am concerned about is if I am getting a prize or not.
One thing I can do to protect our natural environment is picking up the rubbish and traveling on foot or on a bike.





5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Christopher!

    Congratulations on completing the Summer Learning Journey! We have loved reading all of your blog posts this summer. You should be very proud of yourself for completing all 60 activities!

    We have really enjoyed reading your blog posts this summer! I am so glad that you enjoyed the Summer Learning Journey this year and we hope to get to blog with you again.

    Keep up the great blogging this year!

    Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christoper

    My name is Allie and I am the Cluster Manager for the Summer Learning Journey in Toki Pounamu which is on the West Coast of the South Island.

    Congratulations for finishing all the activities this summer. You should be so proud of yourself and the effort that you have put into them. It is great that you have learnt about the DOC rangers and the great work that they do for our animals and environment in New Zealand.

    I hope that you have something fun planned for the rest of the holidays. good luck for the new year at school.

    Well done!

    Cheers

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo Lelei Christopher,
    I like what you are doing to protect the natural environment and I think that are have done a great and outstanding work for this programme.
    I think that you are going to get a prize.

    Well done for completing this programme.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Christopher!

    Huge congratulations on finishing the Summer Learning Journey programme for 2018-2019. What an amazing accomplishment! I hope that you are really proud of your efforts. We, at the SLJ, are very proud of you and of all of the students who are blogging this summer. It's wonderful to see!

    We will continue to read your posts and provide comments over the next two weeks. If you would like to earn more points, feel free to post comments on the blogs of other students. I can see that Dianne is doing that and we would love it if you had time to do the same.

    Hope to see you online over the next two weeks, when you have time. The programme is open every day until Friday 25 January 2019!

    Bye for now,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Christopher,
    That is great you have finished your Summer Learning Journey Blogging. I think that you shouldn't be concerned about not getting a prize because I think you would get a prize.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete