Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 4

Activity 1: The Southern Lights [4 points]

On your blog, use the word ‘LIGHTS’ to write an acrostic poem about the Southern Lights. Be as creative as you can!
L - Lime colored lights shining brightly in my eyes.
I - Ice cream in my hands as its melting from the bright lights shining
G - Gems shining brightly as I'm getting blind
H - House full of lights as the party starts
T - Tooth gets sore from all the candy in my mouth.
S - Strangers joining our party as they go out blind.

Activity 2: The Seven Sisters [4 points]

On your blog, write a short summary of the book. What was it about? Try to summarise the story in 6-8 sentences.
Mitai's brothers fell in love with these beautiful women but Mitai told them that they were fairy women. But the brothers didn't care they were just looking at the beautiful. After that Mitai's brother married them but they were just skin and bone because they only cared about their wives. But then Mitai spied on the sisters and they had a plan that they were gonna let Mitai's brothers starve to death. So Mitai told them after that they captured the sisters and they went far away but Mitai's brother get to see once a year they are the Matariki stars.
Activity 3: Crazy, Cool Clouds [5 points]
On your blog, tell us what you see in the photo. What shape(s) do you see? Be sure to tell us which picture (1, 2 or 3) you have chosen and describe what you see in lots of detail!.
I have chosen this because it looks fascinating. To me, it looks like a moustache. If I felt a moustache like that it would feel like heaven because it will be fluffy and soft. Also, it is a humongous moustache.

4 comments:

  1. Malo lelei Christopher,

    I really love your Poem because you didn't use any negative words.
    You'r summary is written beautifully and it also makes scence.
    I did the same picture as you but I described it in a different way using different words.

    Talk soon (:

    Keep up this stunning work (: Lili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lili,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog I appreciate it. Also thank you and you're doing a marvelous job yourself!

      Best Wishes
      From
      Christopher

      Delete
  2. Hi Christopher,

    Thank you for replying and also thank you for your generous comment to me.

    I am impressed Keep it up Christopher (:

    Kind Regards: Lili(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Christopher!
    Well done on completing another great lot of activities!

    I like your poem - great imagery about the lights melting ice cream
    Do you like writing poetry or writing in general?
    Poetry is my thing; I love writing it and especially reading it out.

    You're right - a massive moustache! What's the strangest thing you've ever seen in a cloud?

    Keep up the regular blogging!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete