Pages

Thursday 10 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Day 4 Week 4

Activity 1: Campaigning for Conservation [4 points]
On your blog, tell us which campaign you have chosen to support and provide us with a slogan for that campaign.
I support Plastic Pledge.
Plastic pledge just recycle it!
Activity 2: The Plastic Pledge [4 points]
On your blog, tell us what they think about Countdown’s decision to stop using plastic bags.
My brother Laki thinks that Countdown's decision is a thumbs down.
Activity 3: Restricted Access [10 points]
On your blog, tell us what you think about the government’s decision to restrict the number of tourists able to visit this special site. Is it fair? Be sure to tell us why you feel the way that you do.
I think that the decision is a thumbs down because people should visit beautiful places like Machu Pichu. Also, a lot of people should be able to see Machu Pichu but they should destroy things.

4 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Christopher!

    So we have a thumbs up and two thumbs down! I think I am with you on these decisions.
    Can you tell me what you think about Countdown's plastic bag decision? I miss the bags because I always forget my own bag! But they sure do take up a lot of space.

    Well done on this amazing progress - you're nearly done

    Talk to you later
    - Lee


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christopher

    My name is Daniel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey program. Well done on completing these three activities! The slogan that you have created is great. I think the government was wrong to restrict people from visiting but they should have punishments like fines if they destroy something. Anyway, keep up the awesome work Christopher - hope to see more activities soon!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christopher,
    I agree that a lot of people should visit Machu Pichu but I think that they shouldn't destroy.
    Great Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christopher,
    Great job completing this activity. I disagree, not using single use plastic bags is a good thing, because plastic chokes sea animals when it blows out to sea, and plastic is made from oil, which means if we don't need plastic then we won't need to drill for oil, and oil is dangerous because if it spills it kills thousands of sea animals.

    ReplyDelete