Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3

Activity 1: Bird of the Year! [4 points]
On your blog, write a short description of your bird. Where does your bird normally live? What does your bird normally eat?  Post a picture of the bird underneath your description. Be sure to attribute your picture properly.
I have chosen a pukeko. Pukekos live in swamps streams or lagoons. Pukekos can also be found in open grassy areas. Pukekos eat insects, worms, fish and bird.
Image result for pukeko

Activity 2: Flying Foxes [4 points]
On your blog, tell us what superpower you would like to have and why you’d like to have it.
If I had a superpower it would be Goku's superpower. I want Goku's superpower because he is really good at fighting and he has different transformations. But my favourite transformation of Goku's is Mastered Ultra Instinct. My favourite Ultimate attack Goku's does is a Kamehameha. Also, I want his powers because I can protect my family and friends from danger.

Activity 3: Wind Beneath My Wings [10 points]
On your blog, post a final copy of your DLO.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, it's Billy here from the Summer Learning Journey. It's awesome to see that you've been working really hard and completing so many activities. Keep it up!
    You're having a really productive summer!

    I have enjoyed reading about Goku and his Kamehameha power. It made me think back to when I used to watch Dragon Ball Z as a young kid. I really liked it when Goku and Vegeta fused together to become Gogeta.

    What sort of evil forces do you think you would have to fight to protect your family?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billy,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog I appreciate it. Also I didn't know you watched Dragon Ball Z. Have you watched the new series Dragon Ball Super? If you haven't you should because it is way more fascinating than Dragon Ball Z. Also who do you like better Gogeta or Vegito? Also I would protect my family from people beating them up, and people robbing them.

      Best Wishes
      From
      Christopher

      Delete
  2. Hi there Christopher,

    This is Susie from SLJ again. Well done on creating this informative DLO about black panthers. It is great to see how you've used some images to illustrate your blog post. (On a side note, Pixabay is a great website to search photos that do not require photo attribution! You should check it out.)

    Did you know that black panthers in Asia and Africa are leopards (called 'Panthera pardus'), and those in the Americas are black jaguars (called 'Panthera onca')? It is just mind-blowing how fast these big cats can run! The speed limit for a car on some parts of the motorway is 80km/h - can you imagine seeing this animal run full speed in real life? They would pass by in a blink!

    Keep up the good work,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christopher,
    Great job completing this activity. It is interesting that you chose such as common bird as the Pukeko, I always get them confused with Takahe which are very similar except they are bigger than Pukeko and cannot fly. I also agree, Goku would easily be able to protect anyone he wanted to.

    ReplyDelete