Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 4

Activity 1: Planes, Trains and Automobiles [4 points]
Let’s imagine that you had the chance to visit Milford Sound by boat, foot (walking) or air (helicopter). Which option would you prefer?
On your blog tell us which of the three options you would take to explore Milford Sound. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen this option.
I would prefer going on a boat because If I took a helicopter I would be screaming on the way to Milford Sound because I am afraid of heights. If I was walking I would be exhausted and if I went on the boat there wouldn't be any problems.
Activity 2: It’s All in the Name [4 points]
On your blog, give us a list of three to five options for the name of this geothermal pool. Put a star (*) beside the name that you like the most.
*The toxic pool
The ooey gooey pool
The slimy alien pool
Activity 3: Picture Perfect [10 points]
This is a person who is taking a photo of her great city. Also, she is taking a photo of the beautiful ocean right next to it. Also, she is standing edge of a building which looks like she is going to fall. The city she took a photo of is so beautiful and I think that's the reason why she took a photo of it.

6 comments:

  1. Hey there Christopher, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. Perhaps you remember me from last year?

    I am so glad to see that you are working hard and completing activities again this summer. Just remember to read the questions properly and ensure you are giving full length answers to earn the maximum points on offer.

    I've enjoyed reading your thoughts on how you would prefer to visit and explore Milford sound. I think it would probably be too noisy riding in a helicopter and not as comfortable and relaxing as a boat. I'd love to ride on a jet ski there too.

    I found your ideas for naming the geothermal pool really amusing. I quite like the Ooey Gooey pool. Have you ever visited Rotorua? Would you like to? It's quite a popular tourist destination.

    Finally, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Picture Perfect activity. However, for maximum points you need to write between eight and ten sentences.

    It's crazy what people will do for a selfie. This person is putting herself in danger just to get a picture. It's silly what some people will do for 'likes' on social media.

    Perhaps you could add several sentences talking about your thoughts on selfies.

    Cheers, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billy,
      I remember you from last year. Also I think I haven't been to Rotorua and I would love to visit Rotorua. Also sorry for the late reply and thank you for commenting on my blog.

      Best Wishes
      From
      Christopher

      Delete
    2. Hey Christopher, thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad you remember me from last year.

      Some of my replies might take a little bit longer than last year because I am in London, on the other side of the world and I am also only really working part time for the Summer Learning Journey.

      I am glad to hear that you are still working hard!

      Google 'Rotorua tourist attractions'. Tell me what appeals to you.

      Thanks, Billy.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Christopher,
    I really like why you wrote the girl is taking a photo and I agree too, the view is just amazing. If you were her would you be scared? anyways keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne,
      Sorry for the late reply. Also thank you for commenting on my blog I appreciate. Also I would be scared because I am terrified of heights.

      Best Wishes
      From
      Christopher

      Delete
  3. Hi Christopher,
    Great job completing this activity. I agree the boat seems like the best option in your case, unless you start to feel seasick during the trip! The name ooey gooey pool seems like a cool name, it sounds like something you would call a pool of slime, which it definitely looks like!

    ReplyDelete