Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 5

Activity 1: Towering Timbers [4 points]

On your blog tell us whether you think logging should be allowed in New Zealand. Be sure to provide at least two reasons to support your argument.
I think that logging shouldn't be allowed the first reason why is because there will be fewer trees and we will have less oxygen. The second reason why is because the native birds of New Zealand won't have a place to live and a place to lay their eggs.


Activity 2: Living on the Edge [4 points]
Dear Etuale,
I'm in Tundra! It is freezing cold here. I knew it was going to be cold but not this cold. Also, there is not much oxygen because there are no trees. I can also see birds flying everywhere I think its because there are no trees for them so they can live in it. Also, the weather is weird because this morning The sun was shining brightly after that it started pouring with rain! Also, I won't be back for a while because of the weather!

Best Wishes
From your Best Friend
Christopher

Activity 3: Going, going….gone [10 points]
Living in New Zealand on 2018 was the best! I had many adventures with my family and friends. Me and my family would always go beach with my cousins and have an amazing day. Me and my friends would always laugh at each other and have each others back and confront the people who mock them. Me and my family would always go visit people and have a lot of fun with our cousins! Also, we would always fight and argue but then we will be friends after that.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christopher,

    Well done on a great week with the Summer Learning Journey. I notice all your helpful comments on other people's blogs, too - great! Do you comment on your own School only or do you venture over to other schools as well? You're really helpful!

    I really like your Tundra letter and how you knew it would be cold..but not this cold. Have you ever been anywhere as cold as that?

    Have amazing Christmas!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee,
    I don't really comment on other school blogs but I'll try that out today! Also I haven't been anywhere as cold as that! Also you have an amazing Christmas too!

    Best Wishes
    From
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christopher,
    Great work completing this activity! I agree, cutting down the trees means less homes for the native birds, but I think that people aren't allowed to log where the native birds like the Kiwi and Kea live anymore. Have you ever seen a Kiwi or a Kea? I also like how you talked about how trees produce oxygen which we breathe, as this means that we can't breathe properly if there are no more trees.

    ReplyDelete