Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 4

Activity 1: Scaling New Heights [4 points]
On your blog, post five questions that you would like to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life.
1. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, How is it like to be the first ever person to climb Mt Everest?
2. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, How long did it take you to climb Mt Everest?
3. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, Who inspired you to climb Mt Everest?
4. Hi Sir Edmund Hillary, How does it feel to be on the 5$ note?
5. HI Sir Edmund Hillary, Was it difficult to climb Mt Everest?

Activity 2: Pancakes and Maple Syrup? [4 points]
For this activity, you are asked to choose one of your favourite foods. On your blog, write the name of your favourite food and then tell us how to make it. You may need to ask a family member, friend or Google (!) for help if you do not normally make this food for yourself.
One of my favourite food is Pizza.
Ingredients:
  • 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 3 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 medium green pepper, diced
  • 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • How to make Pizza:
    • 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add oil and salt. Stir in flour, a cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
    • 2. Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
    • 3. Punch down dough; divide in half. Press each into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Combine the tomato sauce, oregano and basil; spread over each crust. Top with beef mixture, green pepper and cheese.
    • 4. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
    • Activity 3: Salt and Pepper [5 + 5 possible bonus points]
    • This is my house and it is made out of Lego. The reason why I made it out of legos was because you can make anything out of legos and because I used to get lots of Christmas gifts that were lego.

    7 comments:

    1. Hi there Christopher,

      You have done an amazing Job with your questions to Sir Ed Min Hilary, You have also done an outstanding job with how you put your ingredients.
      I like how you have created your house with Lego you have a really stunning imagination.

      Keep up this great work(:
      -LILI

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Lili,
        Thank you and what did you do you for your third activity? Also sorry for the late response!

        Best Wishes
        From
        Christopher

        Delete
    2. Hi there Christopher,
      You can take a look at my blog I have published my post.
      Best Wishes Too
      Regards-Lili

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Lili,
        I will take a look at your blog right now! Also I might comment on your blog!

        Best Wishes
        From
        Christopher

        Delete
    3. Hi Christopher,
      Thank you I will have a look at my blog now.

      Kind Regards-Lili

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Christopher,

      Well done on completing all these activities this week!
      I'd also like to say I have noticed your comments on other people's blogs. You write very good, constructive comments! I'm most impressed.

      I like the question to Sir Edmund Hilary about being on the $5 note. It must have been a huge honour for him. Can you name me anyone else from our other New Zealand notes? I like Apirana Ngata on out $50 note. He did a lot of good things.
      Plus, if I have one of them in my wallet I know I'm rich. I'll be sure and try your pizza recipe, too.

      Your lego house is pretty amazing. What would people sleep on?

      Keep up the amazing work Christopher,
      Lee



      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Christopher,
      Great work completing this activity! I imagine it would have been very difficult to climb Mount Everest, especially knowing about how many people had died trying to get to the top before them! Lego does seem like a very hard material and I'm sure it wouldn't fall down, but I don't think it would be very comfortable. Have you ever stepped on a lego? Trust me, it is a very painful experience. You might want to rethink the lego beds and floors!

      ReplyDelete