Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day Activity 1 - 3

Activity 1: The Legend of New Zealand [4 points]
To learn more cool facts about New Zealand, check out the Tourism NZ website. Read the fun facts posted on the website and choose your ‘Top 3.’ On your blog, post your ‘Top 3 Fun Facts’ about NZ.
Top 3 Fun Facts about NZ
1. The largest city in New Zealand is Auckland but the capital city of New Zealand is Wellington.
2. When you're in New Zealand you must drive on the left side of the road.
3. New Zealand is one of the least populated countries in the world with over 4 million population.


Activity 2: North and South [4 points]

Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.

My hometown is Auckland. I enjoy living in Auckland because of all the beautiful plants and trees. I love Auckland because of the marvelous people walking around with a smile on their face enjoying their day. I love living in Auckland because of all the delicious food they got like McDonald's, KFC, and Dominos. I love Auckland so much because of all of my friends and family, They are the main reason why I adore Auckland. My family and friends help me and take care of me.


Activity 3: Ice, Ice Baby [10 points]
On your blog, make a copy of this footprint and, inside the footprint, explain how you create a positive, digital footprint. What do you do to stay smart online?.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Christopher

    My name is Izzy. I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. It’s cool to see how much of your blogging you have done already. Way to go!

    I also adore living in Auckland. It is such an exciting city. What is your favorite place to visit in Auckland? Why do you like it? I love going for long walks along Te Henga beach. It is wild and I like watching the towering waves crash onto the shore.

    I like the suggestions you have made for making a positive digital footprint. Treating others with kindness is so important. Can you think of anything that you would do to ensure that you stay safe online?

    Have a great afternoon,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! And you have a great afternoon too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Christopher,
    Great work completing this activity! I like how you thought about how we drive on the left side of the road, as this is different to many countries such as America and China, and this is why tourists who are planning on staying more than 12 months need to get a New Zealand drivers license to prove that they know which side of the road to drive on. I also like how you said not to click on popup ads, this is smart because some of them contain viruses that can only infect your computer once you click on them.

    ReplyDelete