Pages

Saturday 20 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 1

Day 1: White Picket Fences (The 1950s)

Activity 1: Meat and Three Veg
On your blog tell us if you think that the ‘meat and three veg’ rule is a good one. Do you like the rule? Would you enjoy eating a typical 1950s dinner? Why or why not?
I would kind of but I wouldn't like it a lot but I would still eat because I don't like vegetable a lot but I would still eat it and I would definitely eat the meat.

Activity 2: What’s in a Name?
During the 1950s the population of New Zealand grew by 400,000 people. That is huge! In fact, so many people were having babies that many people refer to this period in our history as the ‘baby boom.’ Popular baby names in 1950s New Zealand were:

GIRLS BOYS
Christine John
Susan David
Margaret Peter
Judith Michael
Jennifer Robert

Read through the lists. Are these popular names in your school? On your blog, tell us which names are currently popular in your school. Please provide, at least, three girls’ names and three boys’ names that are popular.

I think we don't have popular names in our school because I think everyone has different names and I don't know if people in my school has popular names or not .

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christopher, thanks for continuing to blog and completing activities. It's awesome to see that you are working hard over your summer break. You will be ready for school when it goes back!

    I liked reading your honest opinion about the meat and three veg rule. What three vegetables would you prefer to have? What meat would you choose?
    I think it would certainly be a healthy and well balanced meal but you might get sick of eating the same sort of thing every night.

    What kind of food do you usually have for dinner?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christopher,

    I like how you were very honest about the food, and yeah I know some people don't like veges but other wise great work hopefully you finish and good luck.

    From your best friend Opeti.

    ReplyDelete