Pages

Friday 19 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 5

 Day 5: Coming to an End


Activity 1: VE Day!
On your blog, tell us all about your (imaginary) VE party. If it was me, I would invite all of my closest friends and family over to my house for a big barbecue. We would eat hamburgers and play basketball in the driveway. Some of us would probably walk to the local beach to play soccer on the beach and to go for a swim (if the weather was warm enough)!
If i had a party I would invite all my family and friends and we will have a barbeque then after that we would of went to the beach for a swim and then we all go back home.
Activity 2: Making a Fashion Statement
Compare the pictures of common clothing from the late 1940s to what you wear now (i.e. in 2017). Are they similar or are they quite different?

On your blog tell us which of the two styles you prefer and why. The pictures above were taken over 65 years ago! What do you think people will be wearing 65 years from now?

Our clothes now are more colour than the cloths from the 1940s and more warmer then the clothes from 1940 so I would prefer clothes from 2017 but I think the clothes from 1940s are nice so I would wear the olden day clothes.

Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth

When World War II ended, a number of people from Europe moved to New Zealand looking for a peaceful place to live and raise a family. When they came, they brought recipes and foods from their native countries with them, including hamburgers, pizza and other delicious foods.

I usually have a chocolate chip cookie with my tea. I love biscuits! What is your favourite sweet treat or dessert? Use google to find a recipe for it. Type the recipe out on your blog. Make sure you also include a picture.
Image result for ingredient for sundaeMy favourite desert is chocolate sundae
1. Two cups of vanilla ice cream
2. One cup whole milk
3. One tablespoon of vanilla extract
4. One cherry
5. One teaspoon of sprinkles
6. Whipped cream
7. Chocolate sauce
BONUS POINTS: 10

3 comments:

  1. Hey Christopher,
    That Chocolate Sundae looks really good.Had you thought about putting in the instructions.I remember when I tasted a Chocolate sundae it was really tasty.Why is it your favourite dessert.
    From Laki:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christopher, it's great to see that you've completed another set of activities. I've enjoyed reading about your plans for a party following the completion of the second world war in Europe. What kind of food would you cook on the barbecue? What else would you serve to eat and drink?
    What would you do if the weather was rainy and miserable?

    I don't really like the fashion from the 1940's. I find it really dull and plain. I much prefer the fashion today because you can basically wear whatever you like. In the 1940's it was almost like there was a uniform. It's cool wearing different colours and adopting different styles.

    Thanks Christopher, awesome work!
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christopher!
    I am Danielle from Glen Taylor School. I love your chocolate sundae recipe and I want to try it when I have all of the ingredients at hand. I prefer the clothes from present day rather than the 1940's clothes too, modern day fashion is all about being comfy!
    -Danielle =)

    ReplyDelete