Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 2

Day 2: It’s All in a Day’s Work

Activity 1: A House or a Home?

In the 1800s, most Māori lived in villages called pa. Each village had many buildings – kauta where people cooked, pataka where they stored goods and wharepuni where the Māori slept. A traditional wharepuni had a thatched roof and walls made of timber, fern, rushes and bark. Look at the picture below of a traditional wharepuni. Does it look like your house?

1. My House has a roof and walls and the wharepuni has walls and a roof.
2. The wharepuni has people staying in it and My house has people staying in it.







Activity 2: The Rules of Engagement

What is your dream job? Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job and post it on your blog. You could be a doctor, an actor or even a zookeeper! I have drawn myself taking a picture of a beautiful castle in Poland because I would love to become a travel blogger and photographer one day.

I would like to be a youtuber because I would like to inspire people and so people can enjoy watching me and that was my dream job ever since I started watching YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Christopher,

    My name is Jordan and I'm the Kootuitui (Papakura, Auckland) cluster manager. Alongside Billy and Jade, I'll be commenting on your blog posts :)

    I'll start with Activity 1: A House or a Home.

    Thanks very much for completing this activity and for comparing your house to a wharepuni. I see that you've given us two similarities, but what two differences can you think of? If you can tell me two differences between your house and a wharepuni, I'll be able to reward you with full points!

    Activity 2: The Rules of Engagement.

    I like how you've included the YouTube logo in your drawing, and how you've drawn the camera just by using the line tool in Google Draw— well done!
    I see that it's quite common for kids to want to become YouTubers, and I can understand why. I've been following Jimi Jackson for a while on instagram because he's hilarious— but not only is he hilarious, he makes a lot of money just for posting videos.

    How do you think you'll inspire kids?

    Keep up the great work.

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christopher,
    I liked reading about how you want to be a youtuber when you are older. I want to start a YouTube channel for my scooter tricks. I have not thought about turning it into a job. But it is something I will probably think about now.
    I look forward to reading more posts about your Summer Learning Journey.
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete