Pages

Friday 14 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 7


Activity 1: While in Taupo, you go for a walk around the lake and you notice pieces of rubbish floating in the water. You also notice that there is rubbish on the footpath. As you know, it is really important to put rubbish in the bin and keep New Zealand clean and beautiful for generations to come.
1.Make a group so we can do it quick.
2.Start cleaning up.
3.I will make put up signs and say #Put rubbish in the bin to keep New Zealand Beautiful.
Activity 2: After you have finished up in Taupo, it is time to hop back in the car and head for Rotorua – a town where will have the chance for some much needed rest and relaxation. In fact, you will visit the Tarawera Bush Pool – a geotherm
al hot pool that is located in the middle of a forest. The warm water in the pool comes from underneath the ground. After a few hours in the pool you feel really relaxed.
I find sleeping really relaxing because I have rest and when I wake up I am warm.

Bonus Activity: On your blog, post a video or write a description about your week. What have you learned? What did you like about the trip? What didn’t you like? Was there anything that surprised you?
What I have learned is to be creative so you get points or think for yourself what I liked on the trip was when we had to choose a famous New Zealander and we had to write the persons name and where he was born,why hes famous and two other interesting facts about the person you are doing.The thing that I disliked was when we had to make a Moa I disliked it because I didn't know what to do so I didn't do it.But there was nothing that surprised me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christopher, I'm enjoying reading your blog postings from my home in Canada. I'm so impressed that you've chosen to be involved in the blogging program during your school break. Good for you!

    I think your ideas about keeping the environment clean and healthy are good ones. I walk my dog every morning and I often stop and pick up a piece or two of rubbish that has been dropped on the road. It's my way of helping to keep our small town tidy and clean - easy to do if everyone does a little bit each day.

    Aren't the hot pools in Rotorua amazing? It's amazing to me that hot hot water can be bubbling up out of the ground, from the centre of the earth! Have you ever been to Rotorua to see the geo-thermal areas? I hope you experience that yourself one day, if you haven't already.

    We don't have much geo-thermal activity in Canada - we don't have any volcanoes. But we do have lots of the opposite - we have lots and lots of snow in the winter!

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog postings. I hope you'll keep working at the activities this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Christopher I've been reading all your blogs keep it up.

    ReplyDelete